back to list
Riverbank SIP License
Riverbank SIP License
- Copyright (c) 2009 Riverbank Computing Limited
- Riverbank Computing Limited
RIVERBANK COMPUTING LIMITED LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SIP 4.9.2
1. This LICENSE AGREEMENT is between Riverbank Computing Limited
("Riverbank"), and the Individual or Organization ("Licensee") accessing
and otherwise using SIP 4.9.2 software in source or binary form and its
associated documentation. SIP 4.9.2 comprises a software tool for
generating Python bindings for software C and C++ libraries, and a Python
extension module used at runtime by those generated bindings.
2. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, Riverbank
hereby grants Licensee a nonexclusive, royalty-free, world-wide license
to reproduce, analyze, test, perform and/or display publicly, prepare
derivative works, distribute, and otherwise use SIP 4.9.2 alone or in
any derivative version, provided, however, that Riverbank's License
Agreement and Riverbank's notice of copyright, e.g., "Copyright (c) 2009
Riverbank Computing Limited; All Rights Reserved" are retained in
SIP 4.9.2 alone or in any derivative version prepared by Licensee.
3. In the event Licensee prepares a derivative work that is based on
or incorporates SIP 4.9.2 or any part thereof, and wants to make
the derivative work available to others as provided herein, then
Licensee hereby agrees to include in any such work a brief summary of
the changes made to SIP 4.9.2.
4. Licensee may not use SIP 4.9.2 to generate Python bindings for any
C or C++ library for which bindings are already provided by Riverbank.
5. Riverbank is making SIP 4.9.2 available to Licensee on an "AS IS"
basis. RIVERBANK MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, BUT NOT LIMITATION, RIVERBANK MAKES NO AND
DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE OF SIP 4.9.2 WILL NOT
INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
6. RIVERBANK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER USERS OF
SIP 4.9.2 FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS
AS A RESULT OF MODIFYING, DISTRIBUTING, OR OTHERWISE USING SIP 4.9.2,
OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
7. This License Agreement will automatically terminate upon a material
breach of its terms and conditions.
8. Nothing in this License Agreement shall be deemed to create any
relationship of agency, partnership, or joint venture between Riverbank
and Licensee. This License Agreement does not grant permission to use
Riverbank trademarks or trade name in a trademark sense to endorse or
promote products or services of Licensee, or any third party.
9. By copying, installing or otherwise using SIP 4.9.2, Licensee
agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.