back to list
ITU-T General Public License
ITU-T Software Tools General Public License
ITU - International Telecommunications Union
ITU-T SOFTWARE TOOLS' GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
This "General Public License" is published in the Annex 1 of the ITU-T Recommendation on "SOFTWARE TOOLS FOR HOMOGENITY OF RESULTS IN THE STANDARDIZATION PROCESS OF SPEECH AND AUDIO CODERS", approved in Geneva, 2000.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This License Agreement applies to any module or other work related to the ITU-T Software Tool Library, and developed by the User's Group on Software Tools. The "Module", below, refers to any such module or work, and a "work based on the Module" means either the Module or any work containing the Module or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications.
Each licensee is addressed as "you".
2. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Module's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you:
- conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty;
-keep intact all the notices that refer to this General Public License and to the absence of any warranty; and
-give any other recipients of the Module a copy of this General Public License along with the Module.
You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy.
3. You may modify your copy or copies of the Module or any portion of it, and copy and distribute such modifications under the terms of Paragraph 1 above, provided that you also do the following:
- cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change; and
- cause the whole of any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains the Module or any part thereof, either with or without modifications, to be licensed at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this General Public License (except that you may choose to grant warranty protection to some or all third parties, at your option).
- If the modified module normally reads commands interactively when run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the simplest and most usual way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the module under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this General Public License.
You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
Mere aggregation of another independent work with the Module (or its derivative) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of these terms.
4.You may copy and distribute the Module (or a portion or derivative of it, under Paragraph 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Paragraphs 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
- accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Paragraphs 1 and 2 above; or,
- accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party free (except for a nominal charge for the cost of distribution) a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Paragraphs 1 and 2 above; or,
- accompany it with the information you received as to where the corresponding source code may be obtained.
(This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the module in object code or executable form alone.)
Source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it.
For an executable file, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains;
but, as a special exception, it need not include source code for modules which are standard libraries that accompany the operating system on which the executable file runs, or for standard header files or definitions files that accompany that operating system.
5. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, distribute or transfer the Module except as expressly provided under this General Public License.
Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense, distribute or transfer the Module is void, and will automatically terminate your rights to use the Module under this License.
However, parties who have received copies, or rights to use copies, from you under this General Public License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
6. By copying, distributing or modifying the Module (or any work based on the Module) you indicate your acceptance of this license to do so, and all its terms and conditions.
7. Each time you redistribute the Module (or any work based on the Module), the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Module subject to these terms and conditions.
You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
8. The ITU-T may publish revised and/or new versions of this General Public License from time to time.
Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.
Each version is given a distinguishing version number.
If the Module specifies a version number of the license which applies to it and "any later version", you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the ITU-T.
If the Module does not specify a version number of the license, you may choose any version ever published by the ITU-T.
9. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Module into other free modules whose distribution conditions are different, write to the author to ask for permission.
For software which is copyrighted by the ITU-T, write to the ITU-T Secretariat; exceptions may be made for this.
This decision will be guided by the two goals of preserving the free status of all derivatives of this free software
and of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.
10. BECAUSE THE MODULE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE MODULE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE MODULE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE MODULE IS WITH YOU.SHOULD THE MODULE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
11. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE MODULE AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MODULE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE MODULE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER MODULES), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS